Toolkit reports that the drive is full
This article will provide information on what to do if Toolkit reports that the drive is full.
If you are copying and pasting data to the drive as well as running a Toolkit backup or Mirror, then you will need to use your own judgment as to what data should remain on the drive and what should be deleted or moved to other storage devices (such as a larger external drive).
If you are only running a backup to the drive then the easiest approach is to delete the C_Archive
folder on the drive located at:
- X = the letter of your drive
You should see C_Archive
which contains versions of files that are in your backup. You can delete this folder to free up space.
If that does not create enough room then a next option is to delete the backup plan and create a new plan only backing up what is necessary. This will delete all data from the plan and drive so make sure the data is still on the computer or in another location before proceeding.Delete a Backup plan:
Setting up an Advanced Plan:
- On the Main Menu, click Backup.
- Click the More icon () on the device with the Backup plan you want to delete.
- Click DELETE.
- You want to remove all files managed by the Backup plan that have been backed up to the device, select the checkbox next to Delete all files backed up the device.
- Click DELETE to confirm.
After deleting the old plan, click Custom Backup Plan
To select only what you need, click ADVANCED
Use the sidebar and the content window to manually select files and folders.
You can select (highlight) multiple items on the right using the Shift or Ctrl key on your keyboard. To select a series of items in a list:
To select multiple items anywhere on the computer:
- Click on the first folder.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Click on the last folder.
- Click on a folder.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Continue to click on folders.
When you’re finished selecting content, click NEXT
and finish by selecting the destination and how often to backup.
The Mirror folder is included in the backup if it is within a folder or directory that is scheduled for backup. If you are running a backup job and a sync job then consider only running a backup or a sync, not both. Another option is having the Mirror folder in a location on the computer that does not get backed up.