Xbox 360 - Setup and Troubleshooting
Due to limitations it is recommended to use a drive that is 2TB or less.
How to set your drive up for the Xbox 360?
The drive needs to be formatted FAT32
How to format the drive FAT32?
Two ways to format the drive:
- Let the Xbox format it
- Attach the drive to the Xbox 360 and format it within settings
- Go to Settings>Storage
- The drive should show as unformatted
- Select the drive and select format - This will erase all data so make sure that all data is backed up.
- Format using your operating system.
Format Mac use Disk Utility:
- Select the drive with the capacity listed
- Select ‘Erase’ button
- Change format to MS-DOS
- You can change the name if you would like to
- Select ‘Erase’ at the bottom of the Window.