Proper handling and precautions for Samsung external drives
Instructions for properly handling Samsung external drives.
Make sure to read the following precautions that are essential for using your Samsung external hard drive.
- Use only in a system that satisfies the system requirements.
- For better performance and reliability, upgrade the operating system and the driver to the latest version.
- Use a proper power supply.
- Always backup important data, as Seagate does not warranty the data on your external drive.
- Avoid damp areas, since moisture may cause corrosion.
- Unauthorized disassembly of the product and removal of the labeling will void your warranty.
- Protect the system and the external drive by performing virus checks on a regular basis.
- Always safely remove the external drive before disconnecting the external drive from the computer.
- Samsung external drives are compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7 or later and MacOSX 10.4.8 or later.
Did this article answer your question?