This article is for informational purposes only and no longer being updated by Seagate.
Apple Time Machine Error 2 and Error -6602
You may encounter difficulties setting up Apple Time Machine backups. You may see the following errors:
MacOS 10.6.x - OSStatus Error 2
MacOS 10.5.x - OSStatus Error -6602
Please follow this procedure:
- Confirm that you know your username and password for the GoFlex Home.
- Perform a pinhole reset on the drive. Using a paperclip, press the Reset button and hold for 10 seconds only.
- Wait 2 minutes.
This is will reset all settings except for data.
- Then restart your Mac and try the Time Machine setup or backup again.
- If still unsuccessful, update the GoFlex Home firmware. Log in to your GoFlex Home through SeagateShare.com.
- Select Preferences.
- Under Administration, select Software Updates.
- Click Check Now.
- If an update is available, select Download and when the download is complete, select Install.
- Try the Time Machine setup or backup again.
- If still unsuccessful, wipe the Computersbackup in Preferences.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4.
- Activate Time Machine and select GoFlexHome Backup as the destination for the backup.
- If the error repeats, please contact Seagate Support, and if possible be ready to inform them of the router brand, model, and firmware version.