How to connect to the GoFlex Satellite™ from a Windows PC
Details for connecting to the GoFlex Satellite via USB or wi-fi.
Connecting to the GoFlex SatelliteTM is a fairly simple process. There are two options with a Windows PC:
Option A: Connect via USB - Used for managing files on the GoFlex Satellite.
- Remove the back plate protecting the USM plug.
- Attach the GoFlex USB 3.0 adapter to the GoFlex Satellite.
- Make sure the drive is powered off . Plug the USB cable into the computer.
For best performance, use a USB 3.0 port (usually colored blue).
A USB 2.0 port will also work, but will be limited to USB 2.0 speed.
- Once the drive shows up on the computer you can copy and paste data to it. Note: There is no special software required to use this drive with your computer.
Option B: Connect via Wi-Fi - Used for playing media from the GoFlex Satellite.
- Turn on the GoFlex Satellite by pressing the power button. The green power light should come on, followed by the Wi-Fi signal blinking blue light.
Note: You will not be able to connect via Wi-Fi and USB at the same time, so be sure the USB connection is not plugged in when you begin.
- Connect to the GoFlex Satellite network.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Network and Sharing or Network and Internet.
- Choose Connect to a Network.
- Choose the GoFlex Satellite.
- Choose Home Network (if prompted).
- Open a web broswer.
Note: Different browsers offer slightly different experiences. For example, Firefox usually opens videos in the browser which can limit the size of the image, whereas Internet Explorer will usually open the associated media player, thus offering more flexibility.
- Point the browser to the GoFlex Satellite: in the address bar of the browser, type www.goflexsatellite.com
Be sure to use the address bar, not the Search (Google) area.
Note: Any web address should take you to the GoFlex Satellite interface while connected to the GoFlex Satellite wireless network.
The contents of the drive can also be viewed by using a DLNA-compatible media player.
For example, Windows Media Player 11 will list the GoFlex Satellite under Other Libraries in the library view when connected to the GoFlex Satellite Wi-Fi network.
Did this article answer your question?