Memeo Instant - '30-day trial' Message
Troubleshooting for if the "30-day trial" message persists.
The Seagate GoFlex and GoFlex Desk drives come with Seagate Dashboard and Memeo Instant backup included as well as trials of other interesting software like Memeo Premium Backup, Memeo Sync, and Memeo Share.
If you are not interested in the trial software, it can be uninstalled using the Uninstall Programs options in Windows Control Panel (see article Document ID: 214335 for step-by-step details).
If Instant Backup is reporting as a trial version, please follow these steps:
- Make sure the GoFlex drive is connected and remains connected during the installation and first launch of the software.
- Confirm the correct USB drivers are installed, since some drivers have been known to block the drive identification with certain chipsets. So the best thing to do here is to update your USB drivers if possible with the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. See Document ID: 218931 for instructions.
- Uninstall the software, after uinstalling make sure that you check the following locations to verify the uninstall was complete:
Delete the Seagate Dashboard folder from the following:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Seagate
Delete the Memeo folder from the following:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\
- Then try using msconfig to disable all other applications in case something, like a firewall or antivirus, is blocking the registration of the software. Then reinstall the software with running applications disabled.
If you find that, after the days stated by the advertisement message, the Instant Backup stops working and locks you out or something similar, please contact Seagate Technical Support.
Did this article answer your question?