Seagate BlackArmor NAS - How to create a RAID 10 Volume
A volume with RAID 10 is built from two or more equal-sized RAID 1 volumes. Data in a volume with RAID 10 is both striped and mirrored. Mirroring provides data protection, and striping improves performance.
The following provides the steps necessary to create RAID 10 Volume. It is assumes the following:
- You have backed up any/all critical data off of the BlackArmor NAS Server.
- All previous unneeded volumes have been deleted.
- You are currently logged into the BlackArmor Manager with admin privileges.
- Mouseover Storage and click Volumes. The Volumes page opens.
- Click the Add icon. The Volume Add Disk Selection page opens. Select the drives (HDDs) you wish to include in the volume.
- Click Next. The Volume Add RAID Type page opens. Click on the RAID 10 radio button.
- Click Next. Enter the following information:
- Volume Name
- Volume Description
- Check whether to Encrypt the volume.
- Enter a Volume Size or check the Max box to use the entire space of the selected drives.
- Click Next. The Volume Add Summary page opens showing you the settings for the volume.
- Click Finish. Volume creation starts processing. When finished, the volume prepares. This may take awhile depending on the size of the volume. When finished, the message "RAID configuration changed successfully..." disappears, the volume is ready for use.