How to Recover an Image Backup Using the Bootable Media CD with DiscWizard v18
- An image backup created with DiscWizard v18 can only be restored to the same computer on which it was created.
*When booting to the DiscWizard CD, you will be prompted to boot normally into your Windows operating system or into DiscWizard. Select DiscWizard.
- From the home screen of DiscWizard, click Recovery then click Disk and Partition Recovery, then Browse.
- Under Computer/File Explorer, browse for the drive on which the image (.TIB file) is stored. Once you have selected the image, click OK.
- Right-click on the backup and click Recover.
- Select to Recover Whole Discs and Partitions.
- Select the disc you wish to recover (a checkmark on the source disk will populate all the partitions), then click Next.
*This step is very important. Be sure to click the box next to the Disc number. Do NOT select each partition box individually.
- Choose Destination Disc, then click Next.
- This message will appear if the destination drive has been partitioned, click OK to allow DiscWizard to erase the drive of all its partitions before performing the Image Restore.
- At the Summary screen, click Proceed to begin the restore.
- A window will display the status of the restore.
- Once the operation has been completed disconnect the external drive on which the image (.TIB) was stored, then remove the DiscWizard CD and boot from the newly restored internal drive.
Please rate the helpfulness of this article