How to uninstall (and reinstall) Lyve on your desktop or laptop computer
These instructions will guide you through completely removing the Lyve app from your desktop or laptop computer. Note that taking this step will completely remove the Lyve application and it’s support files, but will not remove any photos or videos which have been copied to your Lyve Home or Lyve Drive.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently, uninstalling the Lyve App on any device will remove any saved Favorites data or Date and Time edits you have created (not the photos themselves), and that data will not come back when the app is reinstalled. We are aware of this issue and are working on fixing it. We'll remove this note once the issue has been fixed.
Instructions for Mac OS X
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
- Select Go > Applications from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Locate the Lyve app and either drag it to the Trash (look for the trashcan icon in the Dock) or hold the Control button on the keyboard and click on the app, then choose Move to Trash:
- Select the same Go menu from earlier, then hold down the Option button on the keyboard and select Library from the menu.
- In the Finder window which appears, locate the folder named Application Support. Inside this folder, locate and move the folder labelled Lyve Minds to the Trash (using the same method described previously):
- Within the same Library folder, go into the Preferences folder, and locate any preference files beginning with com.lyveminds. You will probably only see one or two at the most. Move those files to the trash.
- Empty the Trash. Please note that emptying the Trash will remove any other files you currently have in the Trash.
Instructions for Windows
- Click the Start menu and launch Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features, then select Lyve from the list.
- Click Uninstall. When the uninstall process completes, close the confirmation window.
Optional step for early adopters: Windows users who upgraded from version 1 of the Windows app will have a hidden folder that they may need to delete to complete a full uninstall. Here's how to find and remove that hidden folder:
- Open up an Explorer window and navigate to C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\ (This file is hidden, so you'll need to type that path into Explorer to find it, unless you've enabled 'View hidden files and folders')
- Right-click on the Lyve_Minds_Inc. folder from the list, then click Delete.