Why does Lyve say it is 'Waiting'?
Under certain conditions, you may notice that the Lyve app menu indicates that it is in a ‘Waiting’ mode:
The Waiting status means that Lyve has prepared your photos or videos for your collection, but it is ‘on hold’ and waiting to take the next step. That next step could be syncing to your other devices that have Lyve installed on them, or (if you own a Lyve Home or Studio) it could be copying your photos and videos over to your Lyve Home or Lyve Studio.
Under normal circumstances, you won’t see Lyve in Waiting mode for very long. Lyve should move from Waiting into Preparing, Syncing, or Copying mode. For more information, check our related article What is Lyve doing when it says it is 'Preparing'?.
If Lyve appears to stay in a Waiting status for a long period of time on your mobile devices, here are a few things to check:
- Do your mobile devices have more than 20% battery life? Lyve works best when your devices have a healthy charge.
- Are your devices online and awake (including your Lyve Home or Studio if you own one)? Check the Sources menu within Lyve.
- Is your internet connection good to go? Can you access other websites using mobile browsers?
If you’ve checked all of the above and Lyve still appears to stay in Waiting for a long time, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take. Try each of these in order.
Using the Lyve app only:
- Join a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings and toggle the Use Cellular Data switch on.
- Force quit the Lyve app on your devices and relaunch it.
Using the Lyve app with a Lyve Home or Studio:
- Put all of your Lyve-enabled devices on the same network as your Lyve Home or Lyve Studio.
- Plug your devices in to power and enable Power Copy.
- Unplug your Lyve Home or Lyve Studio briefly, then plug in again to restart it.
- Unplug your home router and/or internet modem, then plug in again to restart it.