Seagate Mobile Backup - Setup, Restore, and VerifySelect which action you are trying to preform:
Creating a Backup of Your Mobile Device:
Restoring a Backup to Your Mobile Device:Verifying a Backup:Creating a Backup of Your Mobile Device:Top of the Page:
- Download the Seagate Mobile Backup App
- Create an account using your Email Address
- Verify Dashboard is installed on your computer. Sign into Dashboard with the account you just created using the app. Note: Sign in under Mobile Backup
- Once you are logged into the App, click Create New Backup
- You will be asked what method you would like to use to backup your data. If you have a USB Drive you can choose either Cloud or Wi-Fi. If you are using a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive choose Wi-Fi. Note: Make sure you are on the same network that your computer or NAS is on.
- Click Next select what items you would like to backup (available options vary by mobile devices).
- Hit Continue, a list of drives will be displayed.
- Select the drive that you would like to backup your data too
- Once selected choose Backup Now
Your mobile device will now backup to the drive your selected. You can restore this backup an anytime. Note:
Make sure your mobile device and computer are not on a guest network. Restoring a Backup to Your Mobile Device:Top of the Page:
After the restore completes you will see a summary screen. Click the button at the bottom of the screen to return to the main screen.Duplicate Files:
- Launch the Seagate Mobile Backup App
- Click the App Menu in the upper left corner.
- Click the Restore a Backup button.
- Choose to restore from a Cloud Backup or a Wireless Backup. Note: If you backed up to a NAS then you will have to restore using Wireless Backup
- Select where to restore the backup from.
- Select the Drive the backup was saved on.
- Select which file types to restore (available options vary by mobile devices).
- After you have selected the desired files to restore select Restore Now
If any files already exist on the device you are restoring to you will be prompted how to handle the files being restored.
Either replace the file on the phone with the file from the backup or skip the file leaving the one already on the phone in place. Note: Do not restore messages from an newer phone to an older phone
Verifying a Backup:
Top of the Page:
Verifying backup data is not a function built into the app. For this reason you will need to manually verify the backup. To go this follow the steps below.
- Access your Drive or Share that you chose to backup your mobile device too.
- The file path will look like this: Seagate Dashboard/Your Email/Mobile Device Name/.data
- Once you have access to the data you can right click a folder (Music ,Pictures etc) and choose Properties (PC) Get Info (Mac). When that loads you can verify the number of files in the folder matches up with what your mobile device says you have.