Seagate Wireless Devices - If I Send Usage Information, what will be recorded?
Provides a list of information the new Seagate Media app will collect if allowed.
Note: When this article refers to a Wireless Device it is referring to a Seagate Wireless Plus or a Seagate Wireless.
The Seagate Media app may request that you share non-personally-identifiable metadata in order to improve Seagate service in the future, if the following three conditions are met:
- The Wireless Device’s firmware is up-to-date
- The Seagate Media app is at the latest version
- Your device (ie, smart phone, tablet, notebook computer, etc) is connected concurrently to the Wireless Device and the Internet.
In that case, the app may display this pop-up request to Send Usage Information:
If you select Allow, the following includes the data that is collected from your device and sent to Seagate:
Device serial number
Current date and time
Device Model name
- Number of partitions
- Amount of free space or of free partitions
- Number of videos, music files, photos and documents
Database error logs
- Issues your drive experienced
Number of tablets / computers, etc. connected to your Wireless Device
Did this article answer your question?