How to restore files using Samsung Drive Manager software
Discusses the two options for restoring files backed up by Samsung Drive Manager.
If files were backed up using the Autobackup feature in Samsung Drive Manager, there are two options to restore that data.
- Restore using Samsung Drive Manager.
This is the preferred method.
- Restore by copying files from the Samsung external drive directly.
Use this method if restoring to a system that on which Samsung Drive Manager is not installed (a new computer, for example) or if you have forgotten your SafetyKey password. If encryption was used during the backup, you cannot restore manually.
Find instructions for this option at Document ID: 206419.
Option 1: Restore using Samsung Drive Manager
- Double-click the Samsung Drive Manager icon on the Desktop to open the software.
If prompted, click Yes at the Windows User Account Control (UAC) window.
- Click the AutoBackup icon on the main screen of Samsung Drive Manager.
- Click the backed up data button ().
If more than one backup is listed, click the backup that contains the data you want to restore, and then click the backed up data button.
- Choose which files to restore.
Do not click the icon. This icon is for purging / deleting unwanted files from a backup.
- Choose any option you want to change for your backup.
- Choose the restore location. The default will restore to the original location.
- Choose a restore point or date you want to restore from. This is necessary if you want to restore an older version of a file.
- Choose any filters. This is useful if you only want to restore certain types of tiles like documents, but not other types of files, like music.
- Click OK.
- Enter your SafetyKey password.
- The restore process begins.
Did this article answer your question?