How to install the Samsung Drive Manager software included with the Samsung External Drives
How to install the Samsung Drive Manager software included with the Samsung D3, M3, S2, and S3 series drives on a Windows computer.
Samsung external drives include optional software. The drive can simply be plugged into the computer and used without software (see Document ID: 206419 for details), or the software can be installed to add backup and Secret Zone capabilities.
Please follow this procedure to Install Samsung Drive Manager:
- Connect the Samsung drive to a Windows computer.
- Open (My) Computer/ This PC
(Windows 8: Press the Windows key () + D to arrive at the desktop, then open File Explorer ().
(Windows 10: click on File Explorer > This PC > Devices and Drives)
Once installed, there are user manuals available to provide instructions on how to use the software. See the User Manual folder for manuals in various languages.
- Double-click to open the Samsung drive.
- Double-click the Samsung_Drive_Manager.exe file.
- Follow the software installation prompts.
- If asked to reboot the computer, please save any documents you are working on, close any open programs, and click Yes.
For additional information, please visit: http://samsunghdd.seagate.com/
Did this article answer your question?