Seagate Wireless Plus - How to play movies on a Samsung Smart TV
Provides information on how to connect a Samsung Smart TV to the Seagate Wireless Plus signal.
Please follow this procedure to play movies that are saved on your Seagate Wireless Plus device on your Samsung Smart TV:
If you cannot find the Seagate Media app from your TV, then your model is not one that is supported with our app. You should still be able to access your Wireless Plus' data by going to the AllShare Play app. Scroll down the list of available devices in the menu to choose the Seagate Wireless Plus.
- Connect your Wireless Plus drive in concurrent mode. Look at the end of this article for instructions on how to do this.
- Press the Smart Hub button on your remote.
- Open the Samsung apps menu.
- Search for Seagate Media.
- Install the Seagate app.
- Once installed, navigate to it and press press the OK () button.
The app opens to the Server discovery screen and will attempt to locate the Seagate Wireless Plus device.
- Once the Wireless Plus is located, move the selection box to it and press the OK () button.
- Navigate to the Browse button on the top menu bar and select Media View.
- Select the type of media you want to play.
- Select an individual file to play.
How to connect the Seagate Wireless Plus in concurrent mode.
- Power on the Wireless Plus and wait for the LED to illuminate solid blue.
- From your computer or mobile device, in the device's Wi-Fi settings, select the Wireless Plus.
- Launch the Seagate Media app or launch a web browser and type the following into the address bar:
- Click the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the Seagate Media app or browser window. Depending on your operating system, you may need to tap on the Settings menu to get that option.
- Select the network you want to join. If security is enabled on the selected Wi-Fi network, enter the required password.
- Once you have chosen your network, it will begin to connect you to the internet and your Wireless Plus at the same time.
A message displays, stating that you are no longer connected to the Seagate Wireless Plus drive. This is normal. Please allow 45-60 seconds for it to reconnect with the Seagate Wireless Plus and the selected Wi-Fi network.
- The Wi-Fi icon changes.
Your device is now connected concurrently.
Did this article answer your question?