How to transfer iTunes files to Seagate Wireless Plus in Windows
Provides instructions for loading specific iTunes files to the Seagate Wireless Plus in Windows.
Please follow this procedure to transfer iTunes content to the Seagate Wireless Plus in Windows:
- Connect to your Wireless Plus drive via wi-fi.
Optionally, you may connect the Wireless Plus drive to your computer directly via USB.
- Launch iTunes.
- In the upper left corner, click on the dropdown menu that usually displays as Apps by default.
- Click and select the type of file you would like to transfer to your Wireless Plus. In this example, we are choosing to transfer movies.
- Right-click on the album or video you would like to transfer and select Show in Windows Explorer.
Your video file will display in Windows/File Explorer or (My) Computer.
- Open another (My) Computer or Windows/File Explorer window and select your Seagate Wireless Drive.
- If you connected wirelessly, look under Network in the left sidebar. It displays by default as WIRELESS-PLS123, where 123 represents the last 3 digits of the serial number of the Wireless Plus.
If you have changed the host name of your Seagate Wireless Plus, the new host name will display.
- If you connected the drive with the USB cable, then it will show up under your list of disk drives, as usual.
- Double-click on the Seagate Wireless Plus drive. If you are prompted to enter login credentials, enter your username and password.
If you have not yet set a password, type the following:
- Click OK.
If you connected wirelessly, the Public folder displays.
- Double-click on Public and enter in your credentials again (if prompted).
- Resize each of the two open windows if necessary so that both are visible, neither covering the other.
- Click and drag the file(s) you chose from the iTunes folder to the Wireless Plus folder of your choice, or place the file directly into the Public folder.
- Disconnect from your Wireless Plus in the following manner:
If you are connected via wi-fi, connect to your home network in your network settings.
If your Wireless Plus is directly connected to your computer, safely remove the Wireless Plus.
Did this article answer your question?