Business Storage NAS - How to perform a manual NAS to USM data transfer
It is possible to perform data transfers from your Seagate Business NAS to a drive inserted into the NAS device’s USM slot.
To achieve the best possible transfer rate, please follow this procedure on a Windows computer:
- Find the IP address of your Seagate Business NAS device. You can also use the Seagate Business NAS' hostname.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run box.
- In the Run window, type \\(the IP address or hostname) and press Enter.
Example: \\192.168.x.xx or \\ba-xxxxxx
The Network window opens.
- Resize the window and move it to one side of your screen.
- Open another window containing the source data that you want to move to the USM drive.
- Drag the data from the window to the USM drive, which will appear as USMShare or something similar.
On a Mac computer, follow this procedure instead:
- Enter the Finder menu, and locate the Seagate Business NAS under Shared. Click on the drive.
- On the top-right hand side of the Finder window, click on Connect As.
- Log in with your user's credentials for the Nas. This will give you access to all the folders your user has access to.
- The USMShare should be displayed on the screen with the other shares.
- Drag data over to the USMShare. From this point on, the USMShare will act just like any other folder on your computer.