Business Storage NAS - How to perform a manual NAS to USB data transfer
It is possible to perform data transfers from your Seagate Business NAS to a connected USB drive.
To achieve the best possible transfer rate, please follow this procedure on a Windows computer:
- Find the IP address of your Seagate Business NAS device. You can also use the hostname of the drive.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run box.
- In the Run window, type \\<the IP address or host name> and press Enter.
Example: \\192.168.x.xx or \\ba-xxxxxx
- Once the Network window opens, re-size the window and move it to one side of your screen.
- Open another window containing the source data that you want to move to the USB drive.
- Drag the data from the window to the USB drive, which will appear as USBShare or something similar.
On a Mac computer, follow these steps:
- Open Finder, and locate the Business NAS under Shared. Click on it open it.
- On the top right-hand side of the Finder window, you will see a Connect As button. Click on it.
- Provide your credentials to log in the NAS as a user.
- Once you are logged in, you should have access to all the folders to which that particular user is assigned. One of these folders should be the USBShare folder.
- Drag and drop data to that folder. From this point on, the USBShare folder will act as any other folder on your Mac.