Business Storage NAS - How to schedule a USM to NAS backup
Please follow this procedure to perform a backup from a Seagate Business NAS to a drive in the USM slot on the front of NAS device:
- Log into Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- Select Protect.
- Select Protect Job Manager.
- Select the NAS-USM-USB Transfer tab.
- Select New Transfer Job.
- Confirm you have a USM drive inserted in the USM port of the Seagate Business NAS 2-bay or 4-bay models.
- Choose NAS to USM.
- Assign a Job name.
- Select the Source. This will be your NAS share.
- Select the Destination. This will be the drive inserted in the USM slot.
- Choose the Transfer Frequency (schedule) and the Transfer time.
- Select Add Job to complete the scheduled task.
Select Add and Start Now if you wish to run the task immediately.