Business Storage NAS - Reset/Forgot Username and Password
Please follow this procedure if you have forgotten the credentials for your Seagate Business NAS or need to reset it. While this procedure is not data-destructive, Seagate always recommends backing up your data before performing any action that modifies parameters on a product.
- Locate the reset button, which is on the back of the device near the power adapter.
The location will vary by model of NAS.
- Confirm that the device is powered on.
- Insert a paperclip or other small tool into the reset hole located on the back of the device.
Hold for 10 seconds and release.
- The device’s name reverts to: BA-XXXXXX.
Any static IP addresses that you have assigned are also reset.
DHCP is re-enabled. If the drive was part of a domain, it is also reset back to Workgroup mode.
- Power down the NAS device.
- After about two minutes, power the NAS device on again.
- Once the drive has restarted, please use your Seagate NAS Discovery software or use the new IP address assigned from your router to access the NAS.
The new admin credentials are now reset to their original settings.