Business Storage NAS - How to Use as an iTunes server
Provides instructions for configuring the Seagate Business NAS to allow iTunes to play content stored on it.
Please follow this procedure to configure the Seagate Business NAS as an iTunes server:
- Log in to Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- Select Media from the menu on the left.
- Select Media Service.
- Check the Enable box on Enable Media Server.
- Select a time for iTunes to check for new music.
- Select Save.
- Open iTunes.
- To ensure your library is shared to your local network, open the Preferences options in iTunes.
- From the menu sidebar in iTunes, looked under Shared for the Seagate Business NAS.
It will be labeled BA-XXXXXX, or, if you changed the hostname, the name you selected will appear.
Once your Seagate Business NAS is selected, your data will populate on-screen and you will be able to play your files from the Seagate Business NAS in iTunes.
Did this article answer your question?