Seagate Wireless Devices - How to connect wirelessly in MacOS
Provides instructions for connecting to the Wireless Device's wireless signal from a Mac computer.
Note: When this article refers to a Wireless Device it is referring to a Seagate Wireless Plus or a Seagate Wireless.
If there is an AirPort card installed in your Mac computer, you can connect to your Seagate Wireless Device. See the user documentation for your computer for the most up-to-date instructions on connecting to a wireless network.
Once you have uploaded content onto the Wireless Device, here is how to connect to it wirelessly from your Mac computer:
Please note that you will not be able to connect wirelessly to your Wireless Device if your computer has a wired connection to your router at the same time. You will need to disconnect the wired connection in order to connect wirelessly to your Wireless Device.
- Select the Apple menu icon ().
- Select System Preferences.
- Under Internet and Network, select Network.
- Select AirPort from the list of network connection services.
- Select the Wireless Device from the list of networks.
- Launch a web browser (like Safari) and go to any URL or type 172.25.0.1 to automatically be redirected to the Wireless Device's main page.
Did this article answer your question?